Game Audio Factory is attending the first Video game Economics Forum of Angoulême. This new initiative of the Pole Image Magelis is an opportunity for us to expand our network without moving from our beautiful city ;)
What is the VEF :
VEF is the perfect opportunity to learn more about videogame industry new business models, improve studios strategy, and meet with investors and business angels.
From Financial Directors to Studio Executives, from Investors to Business Angels, VEF strives to becomeEurope’s largest annual gathering of the best and brightest minds in developing, distributing, funding and financing videogames.
A specific website will allow participants to book meetings with investors and business angels participating in the event.
Videogame economics forum program
Keynotes, lectures, case studies, panels will give VEF audience a deeper understanding of the funding and financing videogames market issues.
Independent games studios will learn what the keys to building a game company interesting to the eyes of Merger & Acquisition specialists are.
VEF will explore these topics (and more)
- How to find a place in the market of free-to-play browser games.
- How to fill tax subsidy files and get a better grasp of R&D subsidies in the European – Union
- Online Entertainment, Online Games, MMOG’s, Browser Games, Social Games, Communities, Item Selling, Online Marketing, Viral Marketing, Free to Play, Design and Production… The world is changing!
- How Social Games Change the Entertainment Industry
- Expanding in the US
- Transitioning from AAA to Premium, Freemium and so on…
- The German gaming industry’s new blood
- Overview of European policies to support videogames industries. How studios benefit from these. What about Tax Credits.
- Online Distribution… Which deals for the studios?
- From a Student Project to a Studio Project
- French Development Studios: Economic Issues and Chances of growth
- Hydraulic empires as an analogy to help us understand the Facebook phenomenon and see ways to work with them.
- A man on a mission: the world’s first virtual-world economist
- The essentials of community management on social networks
- The impacts of digital downloads on studios, costs and revenues and the implications for developers
- What can we learn from Facebook, Amazon and Google?
- Building communities of players that can be sustained and monetized
- Evolution of society, technology and communication
- The Evolution of Online Payment Methods and Models
- French Regions Financing Strategy
- Eco-systems development